This easy honeyed carrots recipe goes well with any main course. The flavors of honey, orange and ginger are sure to be a hit with your guests.
1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
2 TBSP trans-fat-free margarine
2 1/2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP orange juice
1 pinch ground ginger
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes, until tender but still firm, then drain.
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt trans-fat-free margarine with honey.
- Stir in ground ginger and orange juice.
- Stir in carrots and simmer until heated through.
- Optum Health Library